Dubbed as the “London Lip Queen” by the media for her subtle approach to lip enhancement, Dr Rita Rakus MBBS, has over 15 years of experience performing a range of non-surgical cosmetic procedures. As a founder member and Fellow of the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors (recently renamed to the British College of Aesthetic Medicine www.bcam.ac.uk), who better to ask for some top tips regarding your Restylane lip treatment?
1. During your pre-treatment consultation discuss your reasons for seeking treatment, your expectations and how you would like your lips to look.
2. Ask yourself if you feel comfortable with the practitioner. Do you feel that he/she can be trusted and do you feel confident about being treated?
3. Consider a cautious approach to lip enhancement – you can gradually build the effect you wish to achieve with subsequent top up treatments.
4. Don’t be pressured into treatment if you are unsure. Most experienced practitioners will offer you a “cooling off” period after your pre-treatment consultation.
5. Discuss any worries about the treatment procedure and pain relief with the practitioner.
6. To find a Restylane trained medical aesthetics practitioner in your area, visit the Practitioner Finder.
7. Check that the practitioner has had specialist training in Restylane lip enhancement injection techniques – ask to see their training certificates.
8. Visit Dr Rakus' website at www.drritarakus.com