Introducing Restylane fillers
Restylane® fillers are injectable gels based on a substance called hyaluronic acid, which naturally occurs in the skin providing it structure and volume for a youthful appearance. Many skin care products contain hyaluronic acid which treat only the surface of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid facial dermal fillers such as Restylane provide aesthetic healthcare professionals a way to assist in replenishing and restoring lost hyaluronic acid deep within the skin, to help you achieve a more youthful look. Restylane wrinkle filler and volumising treatments are specifically formulated to smooth away facial lines, folds or enhance and define facial features as part an aesthetic treatment programme.
What can Restylane fillers achieve?
The Restylane filler range has a comprehensive portfolio of products designed to treat everything from fine lines to deep folds, wrinkles and even enhance lips. Each product is specifically formulated to complement every treatment area.
Restylane fillers can be used independently or in combination with other Restylane treatments (for example Restylane Skinboosters) to help you achieve a natural, fresh look. Find out more about Restylane treatments here or speak to your local practitioner for more information.
How do Restylane fillers work?
- The first step is to find a qualified aesthetic healthcare professional. Restylane treatments should only be administered by a trained medical healthcare professional.
- At your first appointment your practitioner will have an in-depth consultation to assess your needs. Together with your practitioner you decide which Restylane products are suitable for you and then a treatment plan will be provided.
- Before treatment your practitioner will complete your medical history and consent forms.
- During a treatment your aesthetic healthcare practitioner will inject the Restylane gel under your skin using a very fine needle or cannula to help lift fine lines and wrinkles or to help define and enhance facial features such as the cheeks and lips.
- After treatment your practitioner will advise you on aftercare. Some people experience some post-treatment discomfort, such as redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the treatment site. This typically subsides after a few days but may last up to two weeks.
- Follow-up appointments will be arranged as part of your treatment plan. As Restylane fillers are naturally biodegraded, you will eventually need a repeat treatment to maintain your results. Follow-up appointments usually occur 6-12 months post treatment (often within 6 months for lip enhancement).
Your Restylane Experience
Over 20 million treatments have been performed around the world with the Restylane range of fillers and Restylane Skinboosters, so if you decide to progress with a treatment you'll be in good company.
Get in touch with a Restylane aesthetic healthcare professional to discover how a Restylane filler treatment could help you.
Read the Restylane Patient Information Leaflet
Looking for more information? Click on the pages below to view the Restylane Patient Information Leaflet, or speak to a qualified aesthetic healthcare practitioner.
Install the Issuu App on your smart phone to view this patient information leaflet
EXPLORE RESTYLANE FILLERS...
RES/035/1113(1)b Date of Prep: March 2015